Monday, March 8, 2010

Plan for the week?

Tentative Plan? I don't even know why I plan I can never seem to stick to them...

The basics are... I seem to be in pain when I don't follow the 10% rule. So I'm going to start following the 10% rule and try to have the attitude that it's better to do less than I can than more than I can and kill my legs and therefore slow down my training. So, last week I ran 14 miles (3m/3m/8mRW). I'm rounding the 10% to 1.5 miles so this week I'm aiming for 15.5 miles. I also want to be able to run 4x/week so I'm bringing my long run/walk distance down to 6.5 miles (from 8 last week) and adding walk breaks to my short run so I can incorporate a 3rd 3 mile run. But as always, this is tentative based on how I'm feeling.

Today (Monday): REST
Tuesday: Run 3 miles (1 min walk break for every mile)
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: Run 3 miles (1 min walk break for every mile)
Friday: Run 3 miles (1 min walk break for every mile)
Saturday: REST
Sunday: Long Run (6.5 miles 2:1 run/walk)

+corework 2x

No comments:

Post a Comment