Had my 5k this morning and it went really well! I love smaller races because...
1. No one to weave in and out around
2. Easier to win in your age group :D
3. You get to know people more (I met a couple of cool people I talked to before and after the race)
4. You really feel like your race entry was needed because it wasn't like you were one of hundreds. It's neat getting thanked in person by the person/organization benefiting from your race entry fee.
5. Parking RIGHT next to start line :D
Oh funny thing, I was pacing off a guy who must have been like 80 years old for the first 2 miles before I passed him at the end. Just goes to show you're never too old :D
Time: 26:39 (Pace 8:36/mile)
Age Group (Female 20-24): 3 of 6
Place Overall: 41 of 147
Mile 1 - 8:21
Mile 2 - 8:30
Mile 3 - 8:34
Okay so my goal to run a negative split race was once again a failure, but who the hell cares, I PR'ed by EIGHTEEN (18) seconds!!!
I really gotta learn how people slow down in the beginning. It's so hard! I was DEFINITELY feeling it on this one, my legs had trouble moving the last mile.
Next race is a 12k! Intense... I'm just running that one to finish, not for a time goal. Anyone going to be in central florida on april 17th and want to run the clermont earth day 12k???? :D
Oh, and my # and award!