Friday, March 12, 2010

Wondering if I should run today... (but I did!)

Alright so the slight speedwork yesterday may have been pushing it. Woke up this morning with aching in my left shins/calf. I'm not sure which one it is. Aches slightly when I just walk so that worries me a little. But I think the plan is I'll go the gym and walk for 5-10 minutes and see if the pain goes away and if it does, do a very easy 3 mile run/walk. If the pain increases I'll stop. I know SOME discomfort is normal so we'll see...

Oh and I think I'm gonna stop stretching so much. I think I might be aggravating my calf by overstretching it :(

UPDATE:

Well I ran 3 miles today run/walk for the first 2 miles and ran nonstop for most of the third mile. I'm pretty proud of myself. I resisted the urge to go faster because I'd rather go slow and be able to actually run without pain. I don't mind though, I went fast yesterday.

I think it is important to note though I've definitely lost some fitness from back when I was running 3 miles nonstop 3x/week. My heart rate was pretty high today only after 3 miles :(. I'm hoping in a few weeks that fitness will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment