Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Plan

This post is more for me than it is for any of my readers... but I wanted to put some goals in writing.

For My Knee:
  • @ least twice/week
    • Strengthen Quads w/Leg Press (Individual & Combined Legs)
    • Strengthen VMO w/Leg Press while squeezing kickball between knees
  • @ least once/week
    • Strengthen hamstrings somehow? (machine in gym apartment?)
    • Strengthen Abductors somehow?
  •  As Much As Possible!!!
    • Stretch...
      • Hamstrings
      • Quads
      • IT Band
      • Calves
      • Hips/Glutes
I really need to be working with my knee. It gets really good and then I forget about it and it gets bad again REALLY quick. If I'd just keep up with this stuff it would be perfect.

Possible Races (I'm eyeing these) --> I think it would be neat to do a half marathon a month for the first four or five months of 2011 and then train for a marathon for the fall of 2011 :) The bold ones are ones I'm doing FOR SURE. The rest are just possibilities.

    2 comments:

    1. Looks like a great plan, Lauren!!! Best of luck on staying healthy!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Interesting, I've got my eye on MCM as well. Not committed yet, but I need some redemption from this year's Chicago FAIL. Looks like you got a solid plan going here. I hope it all works out for ya :)

      ReplyDelete