What happened in 2010?
- I started running (technically started December 2009 but only ran 18 miles the entire year lol)
- I ran 866 miles
- I completed two half marathons, a 10k, 4 miler, and several 5k's
- I completed an 18 mile run
- I learned about ice baths, ibuprofen, compression stuff, knee braces, IT straps, athletic tape, and the importance of real, unadulterated rest.
- I overcame shin splints
- I overcame runners knee in my RIGHT knee (left knee is now acting up but I'm not going to focus on that :D)
- I joined an amazing training program and met some awesome people
- Other-Life Things
- Started and finished grad school
- Passed the CPA exam
- Moved into a 1 bedroom apt, living ALONE for the first time
- First time since 5th grade I've been single for an entire year
- Grew up a little :)
Goal #1: Marathon!!!
I'm going to run a full marathon in 2011. I'm stoked
Goal #2 Balance
I'm starting a VERY demanding job in 2 days and it's going to take a LOT out of me. I need to focus on maintaining work-life balance. Hopefully goal #1 will help with goal #2 because it'll be harder to just be "too tired" to workout if I have a goal in mind. At least, I'm hoping.
Goal #3 Overcome Fear
I'm absolutely terrified about starting this next part of my life, and as cheesey as it sounds I think a big reason I'm terrified is because I'm single and I feel like I'm facing it alone. I know I can do it, I'm just scared about what "doing it" entails. So, I want to try to stop being so scared and just... enjoy the ride :) I have a beautiful life. I've worked incredibly hard to achieve it, and now it's time to reap the benefits.
And just for fun, some pics from 2010!
One of my first 5k's
Don't I look like I'm in pain?? lol
Still in pain...
My new Garmin watch in March! I was in love...
My training schedule in March (when I started training for my marathon)
The 5k where I PR'ed and got 3rd my age group!
Meeting up with Redhead Runner and Aimless Runner!
First Ice Bath!
First (and last) 18 miler!
Running with my mom @ the Elmhurt 4 miler!
My hat signed by Jeff Galloway himself!
Meeting Jeff Galloway with Girl Running!
First Gu experience
Me after my first Half Marathon
Me running my first half marathon
My medal from my first half marathon!
After my first 10k!
After the OUC Half Marathon
Running the OUC Half!
That's it Folks!