Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hello World!

I'm going to try to make this bullet-point-format since I don't have a lot of time (as usual) and have a lot to say!

First, sorry for disappearing, again. Work is crazy, it's all I can do to fit in my running (which is going AWESOME as you will see).

Second, I miss everyone :( after I write this post I will be heading over to....
Third, I am training for my second marathon right now, the marathon will be "Rock N' Roll" Savannah Georgia edition. Looks georgous....

My training schedule is way heavier than for my first marathon. Hoping to "feel better" at the end of this one :D See comparisons following;

Training Program for "Chicagoland Marathon" (read blog post here: http://bananasandtoast.blogspot.com/2011/05/chicagoland-race-recap.html)

Training for Savannah Georgia;


I circled in RED where I am in the program right now.

Overall I feel;
  • Much more tired on a regular basis, although this is getting better. At first the higher mileage was really wearing on me.
  • Powerful... running 10 miles in the morning before work and then being able to perform normally all day at work is something new to me. It's an amazing feeling.
  • Fit - my legs are hard as rocks!
  • Unflexible - ummm running this much is making me very tight. I am having to focus a lot more on stretching...
Overall Thoughts;
  • I'm feeling good - I really wanted to try a more advanced program this time and this is definitely a more advanced program! I'm also incorporate speedwork and hillwork this time around. I feel amazing, if not a bit fatigued and I can't wait to see what the season brings!
  • I do hope I can listen to my body however and if I need to cut it down a bit I can... hoping that by keeping up my physical therapy exercises as well as stretching/yoga I can keep myself healthy and injury free!
  • Note: This is a coach approved program :D hehe
Combined Comparison (click for larger image)


Other Things:

  • Considering signing up for Big Sur (thinking about doing it tonight as its filling fast) anybody else running it??

  • Totally loving my running group still! Look, here's a pic of us being social and normal human beings! (I'm in the white baseball cap)

All the ladies are doing Savannah together! :)

  • Got a Garmin 610! Pretty neat... I want to run with it a bit more and then I'll make a pros/cons post hopefully :D (but if you can't wait, here's a super in depth review I read before I bought it)
  • I do love the new garmin connect website though, see my latest run! (you can get the EMBEDed code for your run report, LOVE it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment