Friday, January 4, 2013

"The Plan" For San Francisco!

Here it is, in all it's glory! (starts on Monday!)



Mondays - Strength Training! Legs & Core (I might throw in some upper body every now and then but not **really** planning on it ;D)

Tuesdays - 6 miles Speed/Track. 6 miles may not be far but these are going to be quality, high intensity workouts. I've relied on doing long slow workouts too long!

Wednesdays - Spin Class. Time to practice some crosstraining

Thursdays - 6 miles Tempo/Hills. Again, only 6 but it's going to be QUALITY.

Friday - Glorious Rest Day!

Saturdays - Long Run. I'm going to go ahead and let myself go slow on those "long long" ones (see pink highlighted) but I'm not going to use the recovery weeks to meander around the streets. Again, this season is about speed and strength so the 10 milers are going to be pace runs! Also going to do these long runs on "hills" whenever possible (remember I live in Florida lol)

Sundays - 4 mile recovery runs. Easy, meandering, just like I've been doing the past year and a half :D

If you want to see a comparison in terms of weekly mileage, here is what i've been doing (see pink box) vs. what i want to do. The average weekly mileage for each 23 week period is actually quite comparable, but instead of doing a 43 mile week and then a 3 mile week, I'm going to be consistent... I think this will help me reach my goals. Keep in mind most of my miles the last 23 weeks have been very, very slow. 



I'm coming for you Golden Gate Bridge!
(picture taken December 2012)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good plan for San Francisco! I am thinking about a full marathon again but I think I am going to wait a year and try to ENJOY running this year rather than it feeling like work! Missed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consistency is key! Best wishes for you and your training and race!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great plan! Definitely a race on my bucket list - good luck with your training!!

    ReplyDelete