Well there ya go! It's the Chicagoland Spring Marathon and Half Marathon on May 15 2011 in Schaumburg Illinois. I bet you didn't get all that from the banner there... :D
I need your help because I just can't make the last "for sure" commitment decision here. I'm 95% sure I want to do this race but I want to hear what you guys think first!
Because I'm a nerd this will be organized as "pros and cons"
- Small Race (half marathon capped at 1000, full marathon capped at 2000
- Half marathoners split at mile 5 so it should thin out fairly early in the race (as opposed to mile 13)
- Inaugural year so maybe fewer people?
- More "nature" than urban
- Cheap entry fee
- Near relatives
- Don't have to rent a car (see reason above)
- Plane tickets are pretty cheap there
- Good time of year (though chance of being too hot)
- Portillo's Hot Dog House right near park! (see pictures below :D)
- Inaugural year so maybe some first-year mishaps?
- Trail seems narrow, first 5 miles may be a bit jam packed
- Chance of being hot that time of year. If weather fits the "average" it'll be perfect but any warmer could be bad.
Video of Race:
Photos of the Course: