Monday, March 1, 2010

Frustrated

It's the second day without running now, and I don't think I'm going to be able to run tomorrow. It's not even the same spot that's hurting on my ankle, now it's the other side. I think I probably COULD run tomorrow but I don't want to chance it with the half marathon on Sunday. That worries me, I'd like to be able to finish with all my bones/ligaments in their original number of pieces.

I'm quite frustrated. I feel like I'm doing everything right this time which is why it kills me that things are going wrong. I wish there were formulas that I could just plug my stats into and it would give me a perfect training plan that guaranteed I don't get injured. And while we're on impossible wishes, that training plan would tell me what to eat so that I wouldn't end up doubled over in stomach pain 2 hrs after my run as well...

Okay this is sounding very negative. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to look forward to sleeping in (if my body will let me) and buying some new running clothes. I have to remind myself to take this thing one day at a time and stop thinking about what effect a day of not running will have on me in two weeks. It doesn't matter, just think about what my body needs right now. And that is yet another day off :(.

My running shoes are sitting on the counter frowning at me... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment