Saturday, December 4, 2010

OUC Half Marathon Race Recap - PR by over 20 min!

























So today was the OUC Half Marathon. And because I like doing it this way, I will be writing about it in bullet form :D

  • Cold! But perfect. 41* @ the start and warmed up to just about 50* when I finished
  • I ran it in 2:06:52 - a PR by over 20 min!
    • My previous PR was 2:27....
  • I love my marathonfest (training program) pace group! They were amazing.
  • Course was awesome. Except when a lady cop told us at mile 10 that there were no more bricks, and then more bricks appeared around mile 11. Not cool
  • Pretty good crowd support for a local race
  • I'm really sore....
  • I thought I was going to puke the last mile. I learned that I need to drink water and not gatorade at the water stop at mile 12 if I'm planning on sprinting the last mile. 
  • I tried to make a conscious effort to vocally thank every policeman I saw on the route :)
  • At mile 7ish my fingers weren't working because they were cold and when I went to grab a water cup from a volunteer I ended up dumping it all over him (he was like 12 years old) AND then I yelled Sh*t in front of of everyone. Yeah... whoops. I guess the mouth-filter was frozen too. <--- Super embarrassing!
  • My parents took me to an AWESOME brunch afterward. Mimosas taste really good after half marathons :D
  • Splits:
    • Mile 1: 9:56
    • Mile 2: 9:54
    • Mile 3: 9:25
    • Mile 4: 10:00
    • Mile 5: 9:42
    • Mile 6: 9:24
    • Mile 7: 10:02
    • Mile 8: 10:01
    • Mile 9: 9:59
    • Mile 10: 9:40
    • Mile 11: 9:37
    • Mile 12: 9:08
    • Mile 13: 8:23
Other Running News:
  • Got my new shoes today (Brooks Adrenaline 11's)
    • they didn't feel as good as my old ones do but bear in mind I tried these on after my half marathon today so I'm not sure any shoe would have felt good. My feet really hurt and I had blisters. Store guy told me to try them for a couple weeks and if they don't work bring 'em back. I hope they work though because I don't want to have to change models!

12 comments:

  1. Holy smokes thats a HUGE PR! Congrats!!

    My best HM time is about 2:21, I'd love a 2:06. Now i'm envious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, seriously impressive PR! Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! See what happens when you take care of yourself! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job on that PR! That's a HUGE amount of time to take off a half.

    Hope you enjoy those new shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grats on the PR. Looking forward to seeing how you like the 11's. I'm on my third pair of 10s and I'm weary to switch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo!!! and you beat me on my pr up in dallas by 6sec!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done girl! That is a MAJA PR!!! You killed it! Way to go!!!! I'm so happy you are loving your marathonfest peeps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I missed your report. That is a terrific improvement and you are getting faster every day. Spilling water on the kid was hilarious and everthing tastes great after a race.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT race, Lauren!! Excellent job! I just tagged you in my most recent post, it's a fun little survey if you wanna do it! Good way to get to know your bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo-hoo, congrats! You came back stronger! Rest and running groups will do that to ya. Keep it up girlie :)

    ReplyDelete